Monday 23 April 2018

Animation Production Diary - Let there be light



Scene Twenty-Seven pencil test without and with background.

Sometimes I think I don't like myself. A short walk cycle? Okay. Turning on a light switch? Okay. All from a birds-eye view? Sheesh. Capturing the angle was very challenging, the original pencils were close but felt slightly off so I needed to transform the frames digitally with skew and perspective. 
But it felt right, having a distance at the end, we have observed and we must not forget that we are observers of an autonomous life. The Melancholic Wife is in her power, she does not need us. 
I asked Sadhbh to make two versions of the background, one with the light turned on, one without. There is a prop to be added as well, a notebook and pen that sit on the table. A gentle zoom into the Melancholic Wife and the notebook will be added in tandem with a fade up to white. Also shadows, I do think I have something against myself!


Scene Twenty-Seven digital inks without and with background.


1 comment:

  1. excellent work. I'd have lost both hope and patience just visualizing the scene even without the very technical angle.

    ReplyDelete