Wednesday 14 March 2018

Animation Production Diary - Pulling the rug out from under

I decided early on to try and complete scene three from the animatic to inked stage ready for comping. I thought that this would support me to understood the process from start to finish as much as possible before beginning full production. The scene is about twenty seconds long as well so would represent a fair chunk of completed work. It also contains aspects of background, animation and pre-compositing.

The animation I'm sharing below is the follow up to the carpet growth, two arms reach across and pull the grown carpet up. In animating it my pre-occupation was to communicate the tension in the carpet as it's pulled up, the carpet fights back against the force of the hands until finally being ripped wholesale from the screen.





No comments:

Post a Comment