Wednesday 4 October 2017

Visual Reference

For visual reference from existing film my first port of call is Persepolis, it being an adaptation from a comic and using a black and white aesthetic that mirrors my own source material. I'm interested particularly in the use of texture for atmosphere and backgrounds. The action of my own story not being situated in a particular location, I want to find a visually appropriate way to represent the space my character is inhabiting. I also want to explore composition in terms of the balance between black and white to support the depiction of the characters struggle.


"Persepolis" 2007. A great, and totally original, foreign animated memoir about a girl's growing up during the Islamic Revolution. Surprisingly funny considering its subject matter. True art.   Check out Pete  Brigette's review of Persepolis here: http://chaptersandscenes.wordpress.com/2014/06/17/pete-and-brigette-review-persepolis/ Marjanne Satrapi Persepolis


Check out Pete  Brigette's review of Persepolis here: http://chaptersandscenes.wordpress.com/2014/06/17/pete-and-brigette-review-persepolis/






No comments:

Post a Comment