Wednesday 13 September 2017

Main Film Proposal

For the beginning of the BA course we were asked to prepare a presentation to introduce ourselves and our work. We were also asked to present our ideas for our main film project, our solo film, to be produced by the end of the year. For my film I have chosen to adapt a short comic story from the web-comic I created in partnership with my partner, writer/artist Sadhbh Lawlor.

The web-comic is called Splitting Borders and the story is part of a series within it, The Melancholic Wife and her Perpetrating Husband. The story, episode five in the series, was written by Sadhbh and illustrated by myself. I have Sadhbhs permission to adapt it for animation and I will be keeping her informed of the adaptation process to ensure it stays connected to her original intention for the story and our collaboration.

For the presentation I created a motion comic of the original illustrations with a scratch track of the text voiced by myself.




No comments:

Post a Comment